Introduction to Database Management Systems
- 10 Digit ISBN:813170078X
- Imprint:Pearson Education
Designed specifically for a single semester, first course on Database Systems, there are 4 aspects that differentiate our book from the rest.
- Simplicity – Normally, the technology of database systems can be quite difficult to understand. There are so many terms, acronyms and buzzwords associated with the technology that people find highly complicated. This book explains each of these with very simple examples, lucid language and a lot of illustrations.
- Coverage – The book covers all the essential aspects of database systems, and also covers the areas of RDBMS. There are very few books, which cover all the theory and practice of database systems. This book covers both these aspects.
- Illustrative approach – The book contains over 400 diagrams – about one per page. This makes this book unique in terms of its visual approach. With this, even the most difficult concepts become a lot easier to understand.
- Modern topics – The book covers all the modern topics, such as OODBMS, database systems and the Internet, Data warehousing, Mobile databases, Multimedia databases, Deductive databases.
Table of Content
- File Systems
- An Introduction to Database Systems
- The Relational Model
- Database Design
- Transaction Processing and Management
- Database Security
- Query Execution and Optimisation
- Distributed Databases
- Decision Support Systems, Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- Object Technology and DBMS
- Advanced Topics in DBMS
- Detailed coverage of Database models, theory and architectures
- Focus on Transaction management and Concurrency issues
- A separate chapter on Database security
- Coverage of Object technology and OODBMS
- Distributed databases explained in depth
- Explanation of Data warehousing, Data mining, and OLAP
- Liberal use and explanation of SQL
- Unique appendices on Data Structures, Sorting and Searching, Database Management with Access and Case Studies with real life programs in COBOL, DB2 and C.