ISDN and Broadband ISDN with Frame Relay and ATM, 4/e
- 10 Digit ISBN:8131705633
- Imprint:Pearson Education
- Status:Not Available
This book provides a comprehensive, authoritative overview of the technology and standards of ISDN and Broadband ISDN. It is the only textbook treatment of ISDN and comes complete with numerous pedagogical features.
Table of Content
I. DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS
II. INTEGRATED SERVICE DIGITAL NETWORKS.
- Digital Transmission.
- Line Coding and the Subscriber Line.
- Communication Networks.
III. FRAME RELAY.
- ISDN Overview.
- ISDN Interfaces and Functions.
- ISDN Physical Layer.
- ISDN Data Link Layer.
- ISDN Network Layer.
- ISDN Services.
- Signaling System Number 7.
IV. BROADBAND ISDN.
- Frame Relay Protocols and Services.
- Frame Relay Congestion Control.
V. ASYNCHRONOUS TRANSFER MODE.
- Broadband ISDN Architecture.
- Broadband ISDN Protocols.
- ATM Protocols.
- ATM Traffic and Congestion Control.
- Presents the most complete and authoritative exploration of ISDN available in a text of this kind.
- Provides thorough coverage of Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) including the new technology, standards, and other developments in this leading-edge area.
- Provides a discussion of frame relay that incorporates the most important advances in both technology and standards in this area crucial to ISDN and private networks.
- Provides a full treatment of standards, the key determining factor in ISDN and B-ISDN. Students will gain a valuable understanding of the various standards, including, among others:
- ITU-T recommendations.
- Frame Relay Forum specifications.
- ATM Forum specifications.
- Contains a wealth of pedagogical features (e.g. homework problems, glossary, list of acronyms, and chapter summaries) to facilitate learning, making this the only true textbook-style treatment of ISDN.