James A. F. Stoner
- 10 Digit ISBN:8131707040
- Imprint:Pearson Education
This popular book, now in its sixth edition continues its strong research orientation and solid theoretical underpinnings. The general theme of the book is Dynamic Engagement—a broad term that captures the essence of change confronting future managers, and current thinking on what they'll need to succeed. The material presented revolves around the following themes: ethics, globalization, entrepreneurship and small businesses, cultural diversity, and quality. Topics place an even greater emphasis on practical applications and examples drawn from real-world organizations (i.e., Snapple, The Limited, MTV, etc.).
Table of Content
- INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT.
- Managing and Managers.
- The Evolution of Management Theory.
- MANAGEMENT IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY.
- Organizational and Natural Environments.
- Social Responsibility and Ethics.
- Globalization and Management.
- Inventing and Reinventing Organizations.
- Culture and Multiculturalism.
- Decision Making.
- Planning and Strategic Management.
- Strategy Implementation.
- Organizational Design and Organizational Structure.
- Power and the Distribution of Authority.
- Human Resource Management.
- Managing Organizational Change and Innovation.
- Teams and Teamwork.
- Communication and Negotiation.
- Effective Control.
- Operations Management.
- Information Systems.
- Places a greater emphasis on practical applications and examples drawn from the real world organization.
- Supplements the focus on business ethics with an emphasis on cultural diversity, one of the most prominent aspects of today’s management.
- Contains detailed illustrations to reiterate the chapter’s objectives.
- Both corporate and small business examples are used to offer a balanced view of today’s competitive environment.