Introduction to Hospitality Management, 2/e
John R. Walker
- 10 Digit ISBN:8131724875
- Imprint:Pearson Education
For courses in Introduction to Hospitality and Hospitality Management.
Capturing the flavor and breadth of the industry, Introduction to Hospitality Management, Second Edition, explores all aspects of the field including: travel and tourism; lodging; foodservice; meetings, conventions and expositions; and leisure and recreation. Devoting six chapters to management, the text focuses on hospitality and management and uses first-person accounts, corporate profiles and industry morsels to foster a student's appreciation for the field. This new edition features a new chapter on careers, more coverage of human resources, and its continued dedication to inspiring and developing hospitality professionals.
Table of Content
PART 1 INTRODUCTION
PART 2 LODGING
- Welcome to the Hospitality Industry
- Careers in Hospitality
PART 3 RESTAURANTS AND MANAGED SERVICES
- The Hotel Business
- Rooms Division
- Food and Beverage Operations
PART 4 RECREATION, GAMING ENTERTAINMENT, AND ASSEMBLY MANAGEMENT
- The Restaurant Business
- Restaurant Operations
- Managed Services
PART 5 MANAGERIAL AREAS OF THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
- Recreation, Theme Parks, and Clubs
- Gaming Entertainment
- Meetings, Conventions/Exhibitions, and Event Management
- Leadership and Management
- Communicating and Decision-Making
- Human Resources and Motivation
- Describes career opportunities and career paths that exist in all facets of the hospitality industry.
- Includes self-assessment activities, as well as guidance on important topics such as resume writing and interviewing skills.
- Expands the previous chapter on motivation to include a discussion of human resources.
- Addresses one of the greatest challenges facing industry leaders: recruiting and motivating employees.
- Discusses newer areas of the hospitality industry such as meetings, conventions, expositions and event management.