The Longman-CIIL bilingual dictionaries draw on Longman's renowned quality and the Central Institute of Indian Languages' vast experience in the study of Indian languages, making English accessible to everyone in India. These dictionaries are available in Hindi and Bangla and will shortly be available in Kannada and Oriya.
Up-to-date and easy to follow
- Over 12,000 words and phrases, as used in the Longman Basic English Dictionary culled out of the British National corpora
- Easy definitions in English, using only simple, basic set of words
- Focus on colloquialism and spoken language in both source and target languages
- Emphasis on the use of the Indian language equivalents of English words, thus facilitating learning
- Thousands of authentic examples in both English and the Indian languages showing how these words are to be used