Retail Management: A Strategic Approach, 11/e
- 10 Digit ISBN:8131733769
- Imprint:Pearson Education
This book provides a strategic, decision-making approach that illustrates how retailers plan for and adapt to today's changing and complex retail environment. Spread over eight parts, the book talks about supplier relations, retail life cycle, retailing information system, location planning, and elements involved in managing a retail business, merchandise management, and integrating and controlling strategy. From the very first chapter, the six steps used in developing and applying a retail strategy give students a comprehensive process to follow throughout the text as they learn about the mission, goals, consumer market, overall and specific activities, and control mechanisms that are involved in a successful retail strategy.
Table of Content
Part 1 An Overview of Strategic Retail Management
Part 2 Situation Analysis
- An Introduction to Retailing
- Building and Sustaining Relationships in Retailing
- Strategic Planning in Retailing
Part 3 Targeting Customers and Gathering Information
- Retail Institutions by Ownership
- Retail Institutions by Store-Based Strategy Mix
- Web, Nonstore-Based, and Other Forms of Nontraditional Retailing
Part 4 Choosing a Store Location
- Identifying and Understanding Consumers
- Information Gathering and Processing in Retailing
Part 5 Managing a Retail Business
- Trading-Area Analysis
- Site Selection
Part 6 Merchandise Management and Pricing
- Retail Organization and Human Resource Management
- Operations Management: Financial Dimensions
- Operations Management: Operational Dimensions
Part 7 Communicating with the Customer
- Developing Merchandise Plans
- Implementing Merchandise Plans
- Financial Merchandise Management
- Pricing in Retailing
Part 8 Putting It All Together
- Establishing and Maintaining a Retail Image
- Promotional Strategy
- Integrating and Controlling the Retail Strategy
- Opening Vignette in each chapter talks about leading retail business entities in India like Big Bazaar, Pantaloon Retail Limited, The MobileStore, Arvind Brands, Shoppers Stop Limited, Crossword Bookstores Limited, etc.
- Expert Speaks Boxes which capture the views of business leaders from different companies.
- New! 30 short and 8 comprehensive cases—all of which are new or substantially revised—allow students to see how retailing works in real businesses. Every case is based on real companies and real situations.
- Each chapter has a “Careers in Retailing” box that traces the career path of real people in areas such as store management, operations, merchandising, information technology, human resource management, online retailing, loss prevention, finance, logistics, and advertising.
- Ethics Integrated in Every Chapter. Every chapter features an "Ethics in Retailing" box that provides students with opportunities for in-depth thinking about the ethical consequences of their decisions and actions.
- Technology in Retailing Integrated in Every Chapter. In order to provide students with the latest in technology topics, every chapter features a "Technology in Retailing" box.