Project Management, 3/e
- 10 Digit ISBN:8177580361
- Imprint:Pearson Education
The third edition of this successful textbook represents a major development in content, approach and pedagogy. Combining a strong academic approach with relevant practical cases, the text skillfully shows the range of issues that face project managers through the logic of the 4-D project cycle.
Project Management is used extensively to accompany courses on undergraduate, masters and MBA programmes, as well as for in-company training and for professionals wanting to bring themselves up-to-date with developments in the field.
Table of Content
- Structures and frameworks
- DEFINE THE PROJECT
- Strategy and project management
- Project definition
- DESIGN THE PROJECT PROCESS
- Time planning
- Critical chain project management
- Cost and quality planning
- Plan analysis and risk management
- DELIVER THE PROJECT (DO IT!)
- Project organisation: structures and teams
- Management and leadership in project environments
- Control of projects
- Supply chain issues
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- Project completion and review
- Improving project performance
- Six new chapters including expanded coverage of structures and frameworks, strategy, planning and review.
- New topics include critical chain project management and supply chain management.
- The relevant areas of both APM and PMI bodies of knowledge are shown in each chapter.
- Updated and new cases.
- New pedagogical features including learning objectives for each chapter, end of chapter summaries and improved sign-posting to sources of further information.
- Considers the subject from a strategic perspective, covering both the role of projects in the execution of organisational strategy and the application of strategic principles in projects.
- Covers a wide range of project settings, from the traditional large-scale industrial projects through to small-scale personal projects, in both service and manufacturing settings.
- Considers projects as being a core business activity for most organisations.
- Each chapter contains examples of Project Management in Practice as well as discussion questions and exercises.
- The use of structures helps explain what is going on at different points in the life-cycle of a project.