Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism
Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism, 7/e is the definitive source for hospitality marketing. Taking an integrative approach, this highly visual, four-color book discusses hospitality marketing from a team perspective, examining each hospitality department and its role in the marketing mechanism. These best-selling authors are known as leading marketing educators and their book, a global phenomenon, is the leading resource on hospitality and tourism marketing. The Seventh Edition of this popular book includes new and updated coverage of social media, destination tourism and other current industry trends, authentic industry cases, and hands-on application activities.
Table of Content
Part I: Understanding the Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Process
1. Introduction: Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism
2. Service Characteristics of Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
3. The Role of Marketing in Strategic Planning
PART II: Developing Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Opportunities and Strategies
4. The Marketing Environment
5. Managing Customer Information to Gain Customers Insights
6. Consumer Markets and Consumer Buying Behavior
7. Organizational Buyer Behavior of Group Market
8. Customer Driven Marketing Strategy: Creating Value for Target Customers
PART III: Developing the Hospitality and Tourism Customer Value-Driven Strategy and Mix
9. Designing and Managing Products and Brands: Building Customer Value
10. Internal Marketing
11. Pricing: Understanding and Capturing Customer Value
12. Marketing Channels: Delivering Customer Value
13. Engaging Customers and Communicating Customer Value
14. Public Relations and Sales Promotion
15. Professional Sales
16. Direct, Online, Social Media and Mobile
PART IV: Managing Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
17. Destination Marketing
18. Next Year's Marketing Plan
Extends generational and lifestyle marketing - The Seventh Edition expands on generational and lifestyle marketing and provides current cases and examples of generational and lifestyle concepts throughout the book.
UPDATE Provides a contemporary overview of destination marketing. An extensively revised Chapter 17 includes a destination marketing framework, new sections on tourism competitiveness, branding tourist destinations, and creating and managing visitor experiences such as co-creation and live-like-a-local experiences, reflecting the current and future state of this increasingly important space.
Reflects current industry trends. The Seventh Edition is extensively revised throughout every chapter to give readers the most current view of the field.
Uses interesting industry examples to entertain and engage students. Chapter-opening Vignettes, Marketing Highlights, and other features highlight hot-button issues in marketing. Over half of the chapter-opening vignettes are new illustrating how topical brands or new cases and examples show how actual companies have successfully applied marketing theories to real life situations.
Translates the authors' industry and academic experience into the definitive book for this course. The author is known as the leading marketing educator worldwide and this book is known as ""the bible"" of the hospitality field.
Explains how each team member in every area of operation participates in hospitality marketing. Its integrative approach examines various roles (general manager, human resource manager, food and beverage manager, front and back office, etc.) and their contribution to marketing efforts.