Retail Management: A Strategic Approach, 13/e is a contemporary text which will enable the readers to thrive in today's retailing industry. It advocates one of the fundamental principle that retailers have to plan for and adapt to an ever-changing and complex environment. Without a pre-planned strategy, retailers may fail and be unable to cope with the market environment. This text helps readers become good retail planners and decision makers. This edition includes updated data which reflects the current global economic scenario with an extensive coverage of omnichannel retailing.
Table of Content
PART 1 An Overview of Strategic Retail Management
Chapter 1 An Introduction to Retailing
Chapter 2 Building and Sustaining Relationships in Retailing
Chapter 3 Strategic Planning in Retailing
PART 2 Situation Analysis
Chapter 4 Retail Institutions by Ownership
Chapter 5 Retail Institutions by Store-Based Strategy Mix
Chapter 6 Web, Nonstore-Based, and Other Forms of Nontraditional Retailing
PART 3 Targeting Customers and Gathering
Chapter 7 Identifying and Understanding Consumers
Chapter 8 Information Gathering and Processing in Retailing
PART 4 Choosing a Store Location
Chapter 9 Trading-Area Analysis
Chapter 10 Site Selection
PART 5 Managing a Retail Business
Chapter 11 Retail Organization and Human Resource Management
Chapter 12 Operations Management: Financial Dimensions
Chapter 13 Operations Management: Operational Dimensions
PART 6 Merchandise Management and Pricing
Chapter 14 Developing Merchandise Plans
Chapter 15 Implementing Merchandise Plans
Chapter 16 Financial Merchandise Management
Chapter 17 Pricing in Retailing
PART 7 Communicating with the Customer
Chapter 18 Establishing and Maintaining a Retail Image
Chapter 19 Promotional Strategy
PART 8 Putting It All Together
Chapter 20 Integrating and Controlling the Retail Strategy
Appendix: Careers in Retailing
Subject Index "
New to this edition:
• All data and examples reflect current Indian economic and world situations as much as possible, incorporating the need to take into account the economic environment that has dramatically affected so many businesses and consumers.
• Boxes include thought-provoking questions on technology in retailing in India, retailing around the world, ethics in Indian retailing, and careers in retailing.
• Many photos and images have been replaced and updated throughout.
• A strategic decision-making orientation, with many illustrative flowcharts, figures, tables, and photos. The chapter coverage is geared to the six steps used in developing and applying a retail strategy, which are first described in Chapter 1.
• Full coverage of all major retailing topics—including merchandising, consumer behavior, information systems, omnichannel retailing, store location, operations, logistics, service retailing, the retail audit, retail institutions, franchising, human resource management, computerization, and retailing in a changing environment.
• A real-world approach focusing on both small and large retailers.
• Updated Indian retail cases have been added as in Shoppers Stop, Café Coffee Day, P C Chandra Jewellers, Airtel, Landmark, Ferns & Petals, Crossword and many more.