This book gives students of concrete structure and designs a thorough understanding of all aspects of concrete design and technology from first principles. Examples and problems are given throughout to emphasize the important aspects of each chapter. An excellent course book for all students of Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering and Building at a degree or diploma level, this book is a valuable reference book for practicing engineers in the field.
Table of Content
- Concrete as a Structural Material
- Normal Aggregate
- Quality of Water
- Fresh Concrete
- Strength of Concrete
- Mixing, Handling, Placing, and Compacting Concrete
- Temperature Problems in Concreting
- Development of Strength
- Other Strength Properties
- Elasticity and Creep
- Deformation and Cracking Independent of Load
- Permeability and Durability
- Resistance to Freezing and Thawing
- Compliance with Specifications
- Lightweight Concrete
- Mix Design
- Special Concretes
- An Overview
- Relevant American and British Standards
- Covers the fundamentals of concrete technology including concrete ingredients, properties and behaviour in the finished structure.
- Contains only what the student requires.
- Condensed version of well-known Properties of Concrete.