Business Logistics/Supply Chain Management, 5/e
Ronald H. Ballou
- 10 Digit ISBN:8131705846
- Imprint:Pearson Education
Business Logistics/Supply Chain Management covers the planning, organizing, and controlling of activities such as transportation, inventory maintenance, order processing, purchasing, warehousing, materials handling, packaging, customer service standards, and product scheduling. It is specifically designed to help learners solve the actual problems that they will encounter in today's market place. It provides the basic decision making tools and concepts used for finding cost reduction and strategic opportunities.
Table of Content
- INTRODUCTION AND PLANNING
- Business Logistics/Supply Chain—A Vital Subject
- Logistics/Supply Chain Strategy and Planning
- CUSTOMER SERVICE GOALS
- The Logistics/Supply Chain Product
- Logistics/Supply Chain Customer Service
- Order Processing and Information Systems
- TRANSPORT STRATEGY
- Transport Fundamentals
- Transport Decisions
- INVENTORY STRATEGY
- Forecasting Supply Chain Requirements
- Inventory Policy Decisions
- Purchasing and Supply Scheduling Decisions
- The Storage and Handling System
- Storage and Handling Decisions
- LOCATION STRATEGY
- Facility Location Decisions
- The Network Planning Process
- ORGANIZATION AND CONTROL
- Logistics/Supply Chain Organization
- Logistics/Supply Chain Control
- The contents have been modified to suit the requirements of Indian sub-continent students.
- A large number of contextual examples about logistics and supply chain practices of Indian manufacturing and service industries.
- Special emphasis is given to strategic planning and decision making.
- Emphasis is given to logistics / supply chain in a worldwide setting to reflect the growing internationalization and globalization of business in general.
- Attention is given to the integrated management of supply chain activities.
- Many practical examples are given to show the applicability of the material.