Statistics for Business and Economics and Student CD, 6/e
- 10 Digit ISBN:8131719278
- Imprint:Pearson Education
This classic text is known for its accuracy and statistical precision. This text enables students to conduct serious analysis of applied problems in contrast to merely running simple“canned” applications to help students become stronger analysts and future managers. It is also at a mathematically higher level than most business statistics texts.
Table of Content
- Why Study Statistics?
- Describing Data: Graphical
- Describing Data: Numerical
- Discrete Random Variables and Probability Distributions
- Continuous Random Variables and Probability Distributions
- Sampling and Sampling Distributions
- Estimation: Single Population
- Estimation: Additional Topics
- Hypothesis Testing: Single Population
- Hypothesis Testing: Additional Topics
- Simple Regression
- Multiple Regression
- Regression Analysis: Additional Topics
- Nonparametric Statistics
- Goodness-of-Fit Tests and Contingency Tables
- Analysis of Variance
- Introduction to Quality
- Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
- Sampling: Additional Topics
- Statistical Decision Theory
- Provides numerous examples. Each statistical example and solution is presented in the context of a real world business problem.
- Provides Detailed step-by-step examples, figures and graphs, and interpretation of data.
- Provides applications of statistics to functional areas such as marketing, finance, accounting, management, and economics