Basic Civil Engineering
Basic Civil Engineering is designed to enrich the preliminary conceptual knowledge about civil engineering to the students of non-civil branches of engineering. The coverage includes materials for construction, building construction, basic surveying and other major topics like environmental engineering, geo-technical engineering, transport traffic & urban engineering, irrigation & water supply engineering and CAD.
Table of Content
Part I: Materials for Construction
Part II: Building Construction
- Paints and Varnishes
- Miscellaneous Building Materials
Part III: Basic Surveying
- Component Parts of a Building
- Masonry Works
- Doors and Windows
- Damp Proofing
- Building Services
- Building Maintenance
Part IV: Other Major Topics in Civil Engineering
- Chain Surveying and Modernization in Land Surveying
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transport, Traffic and Urban Engineering
- Irrigation and Water Supply Engineering
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Quality and standard of Materials along with cost effectiveness.
- Modern field procedures for surveying such as Total Station, GPS and digital levels
- Building services like air conditioning, fire protection systems, lifts, escalators etc. and also repair and maintenance of structures.
- A chapter on CAD highlighting its importance in civil engineering.