Introduction to Database Systems
The book deals with implementation, design and application of DBMS and complicated topics such as relational algebra and calculus, and normalization are explained in a very simple manner.
Table of Content
- Database System
- Conceptual Modelling
- The Relational Model
- Relational Algebra and Calculus
- Structured Query Language
- Relational Database Design
- Data Storage and Indexing
- Query Processing and Optimisation
- Introduction to Transaction Management
- Concurrency Control Techniques
- Database Recovery System
- Database Security
- Database System Architectures
- Data Warehousing, OLAP, and Data Mining
- Information Retrieval
- Object-Based Databases
- XML and updated Appendices
- Leading Database Systems
- Includes chapter objectives at the beginning of each chapter.
- Each chapter has 10 MCQ’S and 10 Fill in the Blanks
- More than 250 descriptive questions.
- More than 70 practical questions.
- Each chapter at the end has a list of Key terms along with the summary.
- Two chapters with case study each on Hospital management and Railway reservation system.
- Running marginalia with additional information on the subject.