Essentials of Electrical and Computer Engineering
David V. Kerns Jr.
- 10 Digit ISBN:8177580191
- Imprint:Pearson Education
With its clear presentation of fundamentals in the context of various applications from all engineering fields, this text by proven authors represents the best balanced general introduction to the field available. It introduces the latest technologies such as MEMS (Microelectromechanical Systems) to illustrate how modern technologies are interdisciplinary.
Table of Content
- DC Circuits.
- Transient Analysis.
- AC Steady State Analysis.
- Steady State Power Analysis.
- Magnetically Coupled Circuits and Transformers.
- Network Frequency Characteristics.
- Introduction to Electronics.
- Operational Amplifiers (OpAmps).
- Semiconductors, Diodes, and Power Supplies.
- Transistor Fundamentals: Switches, Large-Signal Amplifiers and Power Electronics.
- Small Signal Transistor Amplifiers.
- Digital Logic Circuits.
- Digital Electronic Logic Gates.
- ELECTROMECHANICAL SYSTEMS.
- DC Machines.
- AC Polyphase Machines.
- Large amount of examples and drill exercises and margin notes.
- Optional use of MATLAB as a computing tool.
- A lucid, readable discussion of digital technology.
- A large number of worked examples, drill exercises, and homework problems—Designed to illustrate key principles.
- Coverage of the material and information needed to prepare for the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) exam—A prerequisite for students who want to pursue a Practicing Engineer license.