Introduction to Biomedical Equipment Technology, 4/e
Joseph J. Carr
- 10 Digit ISBN:8177588834
- Imprint:Pearson Education
Introduction to Biomedical Equipment Technology is recognized as the premier book used to train biomedical equipment professionals, and serves as an excellent reference for these professionals in the filed. It is also valuable reference work for engineers and technologies who design biomedical equipment.
Table of Content
- The Human Body: An Overview
- The Hear and Circulatory System
- Introduction to Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurement
- Basic Theories of Measurement
- Signals and Noise
- Electrodes, Sensors, and Transducers
- Bioelectric Amplifiers
- Physiological Pressure and Other Cardiovascular Measurements and Devices
- The Human Respiratory System and its Measurement
- Respiratory Therapy Equipment
- The Human Nervous System
- Instrumentation for Measuring Brain Function
- Intensive and Coronary Care Units
- Operating Rooms
- Medical Laboratory Instrumentation
- Medical Ultrasonography
- Electrosurgery Generators
- Care and Feeding of Battery-Operated Medical Equipment
- Waveform Display Devices
- Electro-Optics (Fiber Optics and Lasers)
- Computers in Biomedical Equipment
- Radiology and Nuclear medicine Equipment
- Electromagnetic Interference to Medical Electronic Equipment
- Quality Assurance and Continuous
- Quality Improvement
- Medical Equipment Maintenance: Management, Facilities, and Equipment
- Requirements Management
- A new chapter on Quality Improvement is included.
- New sections on hemodialysis machines, the Y2K problem, and new computer devices in medicine are provided.
- Key features have been incorporate to address current issues and important technological advances.
- Improved chapter on electromagnetic interference.
- A substantial review of anatomy and physiology.
- An introduction to biomedical equipment instrumentation and measurement technology.