Supply Chain Management
- 10 Digit ISBN:9332548234
- Imprint:Pearson Education
"Supply Chain Management, 6e, employs a strategic framework that identifies and illustrates facilities, inventory, transportation, information, sourcing, and pricing as the key drivers of supply chain performance in order to help readers understand what creates a competitive advantage. The strategic framework and concepts discussed in the text are tied together through a variety of examples to illustrate that a combination of concepts is needed to achieve significant increase in performance.
This book is a must for students of MBA and B. Tech with an interest in supply chain management and logistics. It will also serve as a suitable reference book to understand the concepts and methodology for practitioners."
Table of Content
"PART I BUILDING A STRATEGIC FRAMEWORK TO ANALYZE SUPPLY CHAINS
CHAPTER 1 UNDERSTANDING THE SUPPLY CHAIN
CHAPTER 2 SUPPLY CHAIN PERFORMANCE: ACHIEVING STRATEGIC FIT AND SCOPE
CHAPTER 3 SUPPLY CHAIN DRIVERS AND METRICS
PART II DESIGNING THE SUPPLY CHAIN NETWORK
CHAPTER 4 DESIGNING DISTRIBUTION NETWORKS AND APPLICATIONS TO ONLINE
CHAPTER 5 NETWORK DESIGN IN THE SUPPLY CHAIN
CHAPTER 6 DESIGNING GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN NETWORKS
PART III PLANNING AND COORDINATING DEMAND AND SUPPLY IN A SUPPLY CHAIN
CHAPTER 7 DEMAND FORECASTING IN A SUPPLY CHAIN
CHAPTER 8 AGGREGATE PLANNING IN A SUPPLY CHAIN
CHAPTER 9 SALES AND OPERATIONS PLANNING: PLANNING SUPPLY AND DEMAND IN A SUPPLY CHAIN
CHAPTER 10 COORDINATION IN A SUPPLY CHAIN
PART IV PLANNING AND MANAGING INVENTORIES IN A SUPPLY CHAIN
CHAPTER 11 MANAGING ECONOMIES OF SCALE IN A SUPPLY CHAIN: CYCLE INVENTORY
CHAPTER 12 MANAGING UNCERTAINTY IN A SUPPLY CHAIN: SAFETY INVENTORY
CHAPTER 13 DETERMINING THE OPTIMAL LEVEL OF PRODUCT AVAILABILITY
PART V DESIGNING AND PLANNING TRANSPORTATION NETWORKS
CHAPTER 14 TRANSPORTATION IN A SUPPLY CHAIN
PART VI MANAGING CROSS-FUNCTIONAL DRIVERS IN A SUPPLY CHAIN
CHAPTER 15 SOURCING DECISIONS IN A SUPPLY CHAIN
CHAPTER 16 PRICING AND REVENUE MANAGEMENT IN A SUPPLY CHAIN
CHAPTER 17 SUSTAINABILITY AND THE SUPPLY CHAIN
"New to this Edition:
• Several new mini-cases have been added throughout the book.
• New cases appear in chapters 2, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, and 16.
• In Chapter 14, a discussion on the Mumbai dabbawalas, a responsive distribution network, has been added.
• ';Chapter 17: Sustainability and the Supply Chain' has been further developed, with a new section related to the pricing of sustainability.
• Examples from local Indian companies like Jaipur Rugs, Asian Paints, OM Logistics, Simbhaoli Sugar, Subhiksha, and Dr. Reddy's Laboratories have been incorporated to depict the current Indian scenario.
• A chapter titled "Information Technology in a Supply Chain" has been updated and placed as part our online resources.
1) Globally, all supply chain professionals face a common challenge - how to balance safe and reliable on-time delivery with lower logistics costs. The need for higher reliability, and safe and faster delivery increase the cost of delivery, thus resulting in a problem of optimization. This book provides both theoretical and practical insights into supply chain concepts required to achieve this very optimization, supported by numerous international as well as Indian case studies.
-- Vibhas Joshi, Adviser, Commercial & Supply Chain, Moser Baer; Formerly Corporate Head -Supply Chain, Procurement & Commercial, Moser Baer Group
2) Supply Chain Management, 6e, is a complete compendium covering all aspects of supply chain - strategizing, planning, and execution. It has a rich collection of Indian as well as global case studies and examples. This book is … aimed at students, but it is also useful for industry professionals … trying to formulate an effective supply chain for the respective industries.
-- Rajeev Mittal, President, QH Talbros Limited
3) This book addresses the most fundamental concepts and best practices of contemporary supply chain management. It provides a structured description with a variety of global examples as well as case studies from the Indian context."