Principles of Managerial Finance
Principles of Managerial Finance,13/e has enhanced its learning goal system, which integrates pedagogy with concepts and practical applications. The system concentrates on the material students need to know in order to make effective financial decisions in an increasingly competitive business environment. The strong pedagogy and generous use of examples-including personal finance examples-make this text an easily accessible resource for in- and out-of-class learning.
Table of Content
Part 1: Introduction to Managerial Finance
Chapter 1. The Role of Managerial Finance
Chapter 2. The Financial Market Environment
Part 2: Financial Tools
Chapter 3. Financial Statements and Ratio Analysis
Chapter 4. Cash Flow and Financial Planning
Chapter 5. Time Value of Money
Part 3. Valuation of Securities
Chapter 6. Interest Rates and Bond Valuation
Chapter 7. Stock Valuation
Part 4: Risk and the Required Rate of Return
Chapter 8. Risk and Return
Chapter 9. The Cost of Capital
Part 5: Long-Term Investment Decisions
Chapter 10. Capital Budgeting Techniques
Chapter 11. Capital Budgeting Cash Flows
Chapter 12. Risk and Refinements in Capital Budgeting
Part 6: Long-Term Financial Decisions
Chapter 13. Leverage and Capital Structure
Chapter 14. Payout Policy
Part 7: Short-Term Financial Decisions
Chapter 15. Working Capital and Current Assets Management
Chapter 16. Current Liabilities Management
Part 8: Special Topics in Managerial Finance
Chapter 17. Hybrid and Derivative Securities
Chapter 18. Mergers, LBOs, Divestitures, and Business Failure
Chapter 19. International Managerial Finance "
• Offer a new perspective: New Coauthor Chad Zutter. A recent recipient of the Jensen Prize for the best paper published in the Journal of Financial Economics, Zutter brings a fresh perspective to thirteenth edition of this text.
• Guide students through the material: The Proven Learning System. This edition has enhanced its learning goal system, which integrates pedagogy with concepts and practical applications. The system concentrates on the material students need to know in order to make effective financial decisions in an increasingly competitive business environment.
• Help students make the connections: The Overarching Organization of this text conceptually links the firm's actions and its value, as determined in the financial market. Each major decision area is presented in terms of both risk and return factors and their potential impact on owner's wealth
• Take the concepts abroad: International Considerations. In today's world international considerations are essential to the study of business in general-and finance in particular. As in prior editions, discussions of international dimensions are integrated throughout the chapters, learning goals, and end-of-chapter content.
• For instructors who devote more time to international considerations, a separate chapter on international managerial finance is available at the end of the text.
• Why This Chapter Matters to You is a feature that helps motivate interest by discussing how the topic relates to the concerns of other major business disciplines and personal finance decisions.
• Personal Finance examples link the concepts, tools, and techniques of each chapter. Numerous examples of personal finance problems can be found throughout the homework material.